For the Yamaha MOXF series – a fantastic Fairlight based library with highly enjoyable killer sounds based on our Reason and Kontakt banks for the software instruments. But now you’ve got a stunning piece of hardware. Therefore, you need XFAIR. It’s amazing being able to get these sounds into a modern keyboard workstation as light and neat as the MOXF.
The sounds are based on our exclusive work with the giant libraries WBF R2 and WBFK and these are not Fairlight samples the normal way; this work contains a whole range of other instruments as well and the Fairlight material was recorded in house using a pristine CMI IIX, so these sounds are not converted in any way. Please go to those linked pages and check those demos to get some impressions on what kind of sounds to expect.
The library only consumes about 100 Mb (!) which is due to the fact that our samples are very effectively edited and looped. An entire bank of sounds is included and these sounds are just as jaw-droopingly cool today and tomorrow as they were in the 1980’s, then played back from Fairlight and Synclavier systems costing like complete MOXF factories! 🙂
HOW TO USE IT
1. Format a USB memory stick with your MOXF.
2. Unpack the file.
3. Put BITLEY.X6V on the stick. Eject properly.
4. After powering off your Yamaha synth, carefully insert the USB stick in the back of the synth.
5. Start up your synth up choose Import all patches and samples (checkbox).
6. Let the samples and patches import. This takes about 20 minutes. It “flashes” the memory card and puts all files on the right places.
7. After this is done you will always be able to play everything instantly after powering up. The sounds will become a part of your synth’s internal memory, adding awesome Bitley & Fairlight chili spices to Yamaha’s meat and potatoes. 🙂
Please refer to the Yamaha manual for a much more detailed description on how to do this if you are unsure.
Please note Your Yamaha synth must be expanded with a Flash expansion memory card in order to be able to import the samples and patches. Compability with Yamaha Motif XF, Montage and MODX models: Should work; you might want to help us try that out. We will give you $25 as a return on your purchase if you would like to try it for us & report back!
DEAL RIGHT NOW $69